Shopping For Fur Coats: Advantages of Shopping In-Store Versus Online
Have you ever considered the advantages and disadvantages of buying products in-store vs. online? When you are shopping for coats, knowing where to shop can prove important to both your time and your wallet. Both shopping methods can be useful, but there are some drawbacks with either choice.
The advantages to shopping in-store as opposed to online are quite clear, especially when it comes to fashion.
Here are three reasons for shopping in-store for your next fur coat:
1. You can try on the coats before purchase. This is the most obvious advantage to shopping for your new coat in a physical store. (Note, however, than some online garment companies have a 100% full return and exchange policy in case you are not happy with the coat you ordered).
2. By shopping in-store you can have somebody next to you who will help you make your decision. Some people feel an extra level of comfort with this type of hand-holding during the shopping experience. (However, note that it is entirely possible to get the assistance you need through an online purchase. Just pick up the phone and call them if you have questions).
3. By going into a store, it is a snap to have a tailor measure you in preparation for custom tailoring.
On the other hand, don’t forget the many reasons for shopping online, including:
1. Prices are lower. As a general rule, it is easier to find a coat for a better price online, especially by an online-exclusive company. Online-only stores are able to keep their costs down because they have much less overhead (i.e., brick and mortar store, in-store sales assistants, and other infrastructure) than do their brick-and-mortar store cousins.
2. You will have a wider array of choices available. It is much easier to offer a huge selection of coats online than it is to do so within the confines of a store. The likelihood you will find a coat that meets your price range and sense of taste is much higher.
3. The most important reason for shopping online is that it requires the least amount of energy (and therefore, time and money) from you. With a few clicks of a mouse you will be able to find the cheapest coat that meets your style with ease, without the hassle of going into the store. Compare this to having to drive around town – or to another city or state – to find the right coat for you. The online option is just so much easier!
When it comes down to it, the person who knows what they are looking for will probably prefer to shop online to save time and money. Whatever you decide, remember that it is your desire to look fashionable that drives you, and be sure to buy the coat that suits you and your sense of style the best.